Launch your startup in France
France attracts start-uppers like you!
You can make your project reality in France thanks in particular to the “Talent Passport” and a number of mechanisms specially for you. Read on to find out all the details!
Foreign founders of start-ups can be granted the multi-year “Talent Passport” if they meet the eligibility conditions specific to the reason for their stay in France.
|Helpful tip: Certain professions are referred to as “regulated” and require specific diplomas. Feel free to request information sufficiently in advance.|
Which residence permit?
|Audience||Eligibility criteria||Residence permit issued||Duration of residence permit|
Company founders must provide evidence of:
||Talent Passport - "New Business" multi-year residence permit||Up to 4 years, renewable|
Startup founders must provide evidence of:
||Talent Passport - "Innovative business project" multi-year residence permit||Up to 4 years, renewable|
Entrepreneurs must provide evidence of:
||“Entrepreneur/Self-Employed” residence permit||One year, renewable|
|Company founders of Algerian nationality||Algerian nationals enjoy a derogatory migratory status. To direct a company in France, they must apply for a long-stay visa for merchants, craftspersons, industrialists or the self-employed and, as the case may be, from the Trade and Companies Register or the Trades Register or a professional order.||“Entrepreneur/Self-Employed” residence permit||One year, renewable|
French Tech Visa
La French Tech is dedicated to enabling successful start-ups to emerge, through initiatives from members of its ecosystem. French Tech runs numerous initiatives to attract foreign talent.
The most recent of these is the French Tech Visa!
The French Tech Visa is a simplified procedure, dedicated to the Tech ecosystem, for three types of international tech talent for the obtention of a multi-year residence permit, known as the “Passeport Talent” (“Talent Passport”):
- The French Tech Visa for Founders, dedicated to founders of international start-ups, selected by partner incubators and accelerators.
- The French Tech Visa for Employees, dedicated to international talent recruited by companies based in France and recognised as innovative by the Ministry of the Economy and Finance.
- The French Tech Visa for Investors, dedicated to international investors establishing themselves in France.
International start-up founders can apply for a “Talent Passport – innovative business project” under the French Tech Visa for Founders Procedure.
start-up founders who have not been selected by a partner incubator cannot benefit from the French Tech Visa for Founders. They nevertheless remain eligible for theTalent Passport – innovative business project pursuant eligibility criteria are met. Find out more in our dedicated fact sheet.
Join the French Tech !
Source : Lafrenchtech.com
French Tech Ticket
Another scheme for start-ups is the French Tech Ticket program!
This programme aims to encourage foreign entrepreneurs to set up their start-ups in France, by giving winning international teams the chance to enjoy personalised support.
Winners in previous years were able to benefit from such support as:
- Project-based financing enabling them to cover their professional expenses and the costs specific to the winning team.
- A 12-month incubation period with a partner incubator.
- A “Talent passport Innovative project” residence permit.
- A dedicated support programme (masterclass, networking event, follow-up by the host structure, sponsorship);
contact persons for assistance with administrative formalities.