Studies in France


Date of update




You are coming to France as a student


Unless your nationality means you are exempt, you must obtain a short or long-stay visa. Please see the ‘Visas, staying, working?’ page for further details.

Contact your university’s international mobility team and visit the website of the French agency for the promotion of higher education, Campus-France, for further information on what steps to take.

Make your dream come true

France-visas is the official site containing all the information necessary to guide you in your approach and assist you at each stage of your request (preparation of the file, entry, filing and follow-up of your request).


You will find all the information necessary for your stay as a student on the dedicated page:


Working during and after school is possible!

Pour aller plus loin